How do Automakers perform on SDGs?
Examining Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) performance of car manufacturers in the Americas, Asia, and Europe
Timely SDG data offers a view of automakers, a key industry for the global energy transition. Automakers in this cohort include all firms within FactSet’s RBICS Level 5 Industry of Car Manufacturers.
In this research brief we examine more than a decade of data applying the perspective of the U.N. Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to company performance on ESG topics.
- Analysis of four key Goals for the industry over time
- A look at industry performance by region for Americas, Asia, and Europe
- Drills into specific Goals with examples of Toyota, GM, Audi, and Daimler
- Outlook includes the biggest changes in Goal relevancy for individual automakers:
- In YTD 2020, among automakers with top-tier data volume, General Motors, Peugeot SA, and Maruti Suzuki India had the three largest increases in significance of a single goal